A Rolex Cosmograph Daytona watch retails at about ,000 to ,000. It's not a cheap item, obviously. So if you are thinking about buying such a luxury item, it is important that you first think about the implications and obligations that you may face when you get it. See, you can't just go for a purchase and not know whether you are making the best decisions for your current situation. You have to look at the facts first before you address your wants. To help you out, here some considerations you should look into prior to making a Rolex commitment.
1. How do you intend to pay? Rich celebrities and heirs can easily splurge on this kind of merchandise without batting their eyes because their mere existence produces money. However, this is not the case for most people. And with the uncertainties surrounding the economy, it makes little sense to divert all cash hard-earned cash into a small, unprofitable investment. But if you are guaranteed to earn ,600 extra income every month, then you could save it up or use credit cards to pay for the item. Just make sure the coverage is 12 months with zero interest.
2. Are there no other affordable models you'd be interested in? The Oyster Perpetual Air-King is priced at ,590 while the Oyster Perpetual Submariner is just ,243. If you just want the brand then you don't have to stretch your budget to accommodate a Cosmograph Daytona. They all have the same purpose anyway and that is to tell time.
3. How do you intend to use the watch? Will you just sport it during events or actually wear it anywhere, anytime and for any circumstance? A Rolex Cosmograph Daytona may not be the multifunctional, highly sophisticated watch you imagined it to be for its price range. It has excellent time-keeping abilities and is quite durable with its oyster case. But if you want something that is more appropriate for a life of adventure, you might want to switch your preference to the Rolex Oyster Perpetual Sea-Dweller Deepsea or another brand entirely like Der's Chronoswiss Wristmaster.
4. Is there any possible way you could get a discount for the real item? It never hurts to canvass Rolex distributors to find out what their best prizes are. And you can even research on sale dates for these trustworthy shops so that you can slash off a few hundred or thousand dollars from the item's original price. Maybe you could even find a bulk order markdown deal and encourage a friend to share your interests.
5. Are you prepared to handle and possibly spend for upkeep after purchase? With the money you put out to get a Rolex watch, it is only natural to expect that it will last you a lifetime. But that is not always the case. Like with any item, you have to know how to properly care for the watch after obtaining the timepiece. A Cosmograph Daytona's warranty lasts for two years. Once that's lapsed, you have to commit yourself to cleaning, winding, and removing scratches from it as well as buying replacement parts when it is broken.